Sunday, March 1, 2009
Family Weekend
Luke's cousins came from Baton Rouge and Alabama for a visit this weekend. Great Aunt Anne, Chip's cousin Laura and her son, Ben, came from BR. Chip's brother, Jason, and his family (Michelle, Kathleen & Ian) came from Birmingham. Everyone met up at Cecil & Sherry's for the weekend. We ate lots and let the kids run around even more. Luke is in a stage where he wants to play on his own though. Give him a train and he will play alone on the floor unaffected by the world around him. I read tonight that this is a normal "possessive stage" (over the toy) that two year olds go through. I hope because I am a little apprehensive about this am ready for him to start playing along with other kids. The highlight of the weekend had to be when I met Michelle and Laura at the theater to watch "The Wrestler." Now, normally, you couldn't have paid me to spend two hours watching Mickie Rourke, YUK! But, for the sake of bonding with family, I took one for the team. Laura really wanted to see the movie, so I acquiesed much to my dismay. Has anyone else seen this horror of a film? I seriously haven't felt that kind of gag reflex since my first trimester. If you havnen't gone, don't waste your time or money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, will you give us a review of the book you are reading when you are finished with it?
I want to know if it is any good!
Sure! So far it is a really good book. Lots of personal info. on the family relationships. Goes into TR's oddities like the fact that he practiced taxidermy in his room at Harvard. This was a precursor to his love for hunting. Lots of juicy good stuff about all of the Roosevelt's. I guess TR's daugher from his first wife who died, Alice, was the Paris Hilton of the time. I highly recommend this book. You really can't put it down!
Post a Comment