Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chimp Haven and Ponderings

 

 

 

 

Yesterday, Sherry and I took Luke to see the animals at Chimp Haven, a rest haven for retired chimps who were the subjects of scientific experiments. Luke was just happy to be outside and liked seeing the "monkeys," but they were really far away, too far away to get a really good look. We are going to get a better view at the Baton Rouge Zoo when we try to make our trip there again this coming weekend. It was a beautiful weekend here and we took advantage of the weather every day. Today, Chip took me out to Campbell property in the country in Benton. Chip hunts there, and I have always wanted to see the Finley Road Property. It was glorious. I saw the biggest dogwood tree I have ever laid eyes upon, and smelled the sweetest air from God's grace. The South's gift of wisteria is in full bloom. I told Chip that wisteria always reminds me of Faulkner. He thought I meant his friend at first. Ha! That lead us into a discussion about how we both really love Emerson and Thoreau. This place was straight out of Walden Pond. We needed the bonding time and I think this wonderful day had a little to do with my prayer this morning after our preacher reminded us of the importance of having a pure heart. We were blessed with the purest of air, days, and thoughts today. What a gift.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: