Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Ghost of Christmas' Blessings

Ok, my original idea for this post was just to show the awesome train that Santa brought. Since Luke won't remember this, we are video taping the whole thing tomorrow morning. I can't wait and am overcome with joy. Joy for all of the blessings we have. Knowing how Betsy is mourning, and feeling so regretful for how selfish I can be, and how I can take everything for granted. Betsy's loss has done good things in my life. I am thankful, oh so thankful for all of God's blessings. For, I know how life can turn downward. Savoring His blessings is what gets you through the defeats in life.

Now, take a look at the picture above and below. Do you see the difference? See those white circles floating in the air in the pic above? We have the same "orbs" floating in a picture of me and Luke in the hospital when he was born. Now, I know that my mom would have never bought in to believing in ghosts. (Now that I think of it, she had a pretty wild oujia board story). But, I can't help but let my joy overflow and hope, just hope, that even if these "orbs" aren't the real thing...I have faith that she, Betsy's husband, and all those whom we have lost, are with us tonight. The magic of Christmas, Christ's birth, and all things mystical, brings us all together in Love. Sleep in heavenly peace and may God be with you all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

LoriS said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I just found your blog a few days ago by accident and felt compelled to tell you how close I feel to your mom since I've been living in your old house but I thought you would think I was crazy. I find comfort every day in the thought that your mother is watching over me and my family. She was such a wonderful person! Merry Christmas!!Lori S.

Luke's Folks said...

Lori,

I am so very glad you posted this. I find so much comfort in your kind words, and know just how you feel. My mom had such a presence here while she was alive, and it continues through her spirit. She LOVED gardening in her yard, and making her home warm for her family. I know your feelings are real, and again, thank you so much for sharing.

Take care!

Amanda M said...

I just wanted to let you know that I truly believe that it is loved ones you are seeing in this picture. In my wedding pictures I have the same thing and they are all around my mom. It was really weird. I have an aunt who studies things like this and when I showed her my wedding pics (without showing her the orbs) she saw them immediately. She told me that there were special people around my mom at that time. It is crazy, but comforting all at the same time.
Amanda