Well, Spring Break didn't go exactly as I had planned. I thought I would get my dining room painted, get a massage, and play with Luke on his new swing. Instead, we had some dark times in my family. My sister is facing a hard battle right now. So, I needed to be with my family to support them. Having already made plans to go "home," my dad called to tell me Grandma Hannaman passed away. She passed in her sleep the night before her 93rd birthday. Grandma Hannaman was a unique and gregarious lady who loved to dance, play cards, and was known to have a small whisky high ball with some water while playing cards in her day. She lived comfortably in her own home until 8 months before her passing. Her children: my dad, Uncle Gary, Uncle Tom, and Aunt Susan made sure she was taken care of very well up to the time of her death.
During the trip, I loved Carla's daughter, Carman, as much as possible. She and Luke always play so well together, and this trip was no exception. It is always so momentous to watch dad play with Luke, because I know how very precious time is. I wish I could freeze the moments watching dad play with Carman and Luke. Here are the highlights of the trip.
1 comment:
Jen,
Been thinking about you guys. Sorry about your spring break:(
Holly
Post a Comment