Saturday, May 15, 2010
The Finley Road
I have blogged about the Finley Road before. This place is special to Chip and I. Whenever Chip takes me out to this land, I feel like I am a million miles from any worries or problems. The air is sweet with honeysuckle and bamboo that his grandmother planted surrounds the wooded serenity. I saw this quote, along with a picture that closely resembles the wooded path that leads to the Finley Road property. It speaks to me, just like the land. My dad has passed his appreciation for nature down to me. Dad has advised me more that once to "just look around at the trees, birds and sky, and your problems won't seem so big anymore." When mom passed on, he lamented that the trees didn't look as green anymore. This place makes me feel like spring is coming back around. Finally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment