Saturday, January 24, 2009
Luke's New School
Luke started preschool at First Baptist Bossier Wee Center on Thursday. We have had some drama with our previous day care center. I walked in Wednesday morning to a room full of 11 (Luke made 12) babies/ toddlers. This was the third time our regular routine had been different and the teacher was complaining about not knowing why they had her in there. I complained to the front desk. Thought we had everything cleared up until I got a call from the owner at work who proceeded to chew me out for being rude. She proceeded to tell me that they could have kicked Luke out a long time ago for biting, and had bent over backwards for us. What?? Then, she proceeded to tell me about how hard it had been for her lately because she had to do physical therapy from hurting her foot while driving the bus, three teachers were leaving on maternity leave, blah, blah, blah. She was griping me out so bad. I felt like I was in the locker room with Beth Carr in high school. Those of you from Newton know what I am talking about! haha! Needless to say, I got on the phone right away finding Luke a new place to go. How scary!!! God helped us, because First Baptist Bossier has the best preschool in the area. I have been on their list since 2006! They rearranged things and let us start the very next day! I can't even believe what a difference it is! I walked in Friday to the kids listening to classical music and playing with Little People. What a difference from being zoned out watching Barney! Needless to say, this was a blessing in disguise, and I am so grateful. Sherry had been trying to tell me forever that she didn't like the old place. I wouldn't listen and just thought everything was probably as good as we could get. Was I wrong!!!! Luke gets to take his new little backpack to school now. This is their routine. They also feed him a hot breakfast there, and have already started teaching him how to drink out of a real cup. I am amazed at what a change in life can happen in just one week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You will like First Baptist daycare. Two of my grandchildren have been there all their little lives, one is 3 the other 4.
And for the biting, there is more biting and hitting in daycare than in professional wrestling. They deal with it and the kids live through it.
Post a Comment