Saturday, August 2, 2008

Love you Grandma Janie

Aunt Susan and Bill came down to visit my cousin Kristin and her husband (Chip's friend), Dean. They played golf about every day in this terrible heat. I wish I could love a sport that much. We all went out to dinner at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro at the Boardwalk. I let loose and even participated in some Karaoke afterward. Aunt Susan always seems to bring out the fun in me. She has a laugh that is contagious. While visiting at our house, you can see that Bill gravitated toward Luke, as he does all children. This little moment is one that would bring me to my knees if I let myself think about it too long. Luke is looking at a picture of "Grandma Janie." He just leaned down and kissed it and I was lucky enough to capture it on camera. I tell him about her on a regular basis, and can only hope that I can illustrate what a perfect example of a mother she was to me through my love for him. Surely he can feel her spirit as I can. On a lighter note, below these pictures you can see that Luke has taken to riding Susie like a "horsie." Susie, being the diva that she is, takes it with a scowl on her face. Deep inside though, I think she really likes the attention.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shasta said...

I know your mom is watching over you & Luke. :)

Anonymous said...

JenSue- so very true! your mother was a great lady! i know I learned alot of lessons from her. things that i will use sooner ( payton is going to be in 7th grade this year!) rather than later.

Luke's Folks said...

Thanks girls. Rebekah, I can't believe Payton is going into the seventh grade. Do you remember what we were doing in 7th grade? Remember Cassie Coleman and her blue bra? Oh man, I am glad I had a boy!!!! Take care.